15 Moms Around the World Give Thanks
In the spirit of thanksgiving and the Belly Beautiful series we asked moms and moms-to-be around the world what they are most thankful for as mothers. Here are their responses. (Of note: For some I’ve also kept the original language as to not loose anything in translation.)
I thank you moms for opening up your hearts and sharing your gratitude. It’s not always an easy job, but it can be one of the most rewarding.
- Je remercie le ciel tous les jours de m'avoir donnée une étoile qui brille plus fort chaque jour! Observer un bel être grandir et éclore est un spectacle merveilleux pour une maman. C'est comme planter une graine, l'arroser, voir la fleur éclore. C'est observer le monde naître, chaque matin. I thank the heaven every day for giving me a star that shines stronger every day! Watching a beautiful being grow and hatch is a wonderful sight for a mom. It's like planting a seed, watering it, seeing the flower bloom. It is watching the world be born every morning.
- I'm thankful for so many things regarding being a mom!
- But top two: 1) thankful for their health 2) thankful God chose me to be their momma
- I’m most thankful for my “village”. Everyone says it takes a village to raise a child, and that’s so true. Whether it’s the advice/listening ear, hand me downs, gifts, home cooked food, or someone to watch the kiddos for a couple of hours, it’s pretty impossible to do it all on your own without going insane. And for all of these people, I’m so thankful!!
- I am so thankful that My husband and I are so blessed to start a family we always dreamed of!
- La oportunidad de renacer con él y querer ser mejor. The opportunity to be reborn with him and want to be better.
- Super grateful that I don’t have to work while I go through a pretty uncomfortable pregnancy experience!
- I guess I’m grateful for the fact that I was able to get pregnant with only one round of fertility treatments and IUI.
- Ooohhh!!! I would have to say I'm most thankful for the unwavering love that I get from my beautiful minis, no matter what I do or say and even when I fail or succeed at something. They always love me indefinitely...and for that I'm thankful.
- I’m thankful to have two amazing daughters that I get to watch grow, and get to create memories with.
- Bueno yo agradezco todo lo que he aprendido porque nuestros hijos nos enseñan a nosotros. Well, I appreciate everything I've learned because our children teach us.
- Mi hija me hizo madurar y darme cuenta que no existe amor más grande que de una madre hacia un hijo el amor que yo tengo ahora hacia mis dos hijos no se compara a ningún otro. My daughter made me mature and realize that there is no greater love than from a mother to a child. The love that I have now towards my two children is not comparable to any other.
- I’m thankful for mums around me who have helped me become better at being a mum!!! I’m meeting more mums in my situation (child on the autism spectrum) and it’s helps.
- So the most thankful thing for me is that my children have shown me a dimension of unconditional love that I didn't realise existed....they've shown me a selfless love.
- Mi hija es el mejor regalo que pude haber recibido llena de felicidad a mi vida y sé que todo ser llega con una misión en la vida. Mi pequeña bebé ya cumplió su primera misión y es el de hacerme la persona más feliz del mundo. My daughter is the best gift I could have received full of happiness in my life and I know that every being comes with a mission in life. My little baby has already fulfilled its first mission and is to make me the happiest person in the world.
What are you thankful for?